Spice Blend Contents
- black peppercorns
Nine Jewel Vegetable Korma – Mild
Small – Serves 2
- 2 onions, grated and squeezed to remove juice
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ½ handful of string beans, chopped finely
- ¼ cup peas
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon glace cherries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped roughly
- 1 teaspoon coriander leaves, chopped
Large – Serves 6
- 4 onions, grated and squeezed to remove juice
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 handful of string beans, chopped finely
- ½ cup peas
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons glace cherries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped roughly
- 2 teaspoons coriander, leaves chopped
Heat the oil and add the onion, sauté until golden.
Add the minced ginger and garlic.
Sauté for a minute and add Spice Blendz Nine Jewel Vegetable Korma spice mix and combine well.
Stir in the tomatoes and cook until they are pulpy.
Add the salt and sugar.
Remove from the heat and stir in the cream.
In the meantime simmer all vegetables until they are cooked but not soft.
Add the vegetables, nuts and fruits to the sauce.
Heat gently. Garnish with coriander.
Our Nine Jewel Vegetable Korma is a meal on its own with some naan bread.
However, it goes very nicely with chicken, beef, lamb or pork.