Rogan Josh Mild
Contents cumin, kashmiri chilli powder, coriander, paprika, cardamon, cloves and cinnamon.
Small – Serves 2
- 300g of boneless lamb diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cm piece of ginger, grated
- 5 tablespoons of thick plain yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil or ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon of Garam Masala ( optional )
Large – Serves 6
- 1 kg of boneless lamb diced
1 onions, finely chopped
8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 8 cm of ginger, grated
- 5 tablespoons of oil or ghee
- 1/4 cup of thick plain yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Garam Masala ( optional )
Mix the garlic, ginger and Spice Blendz Rogan Josh spice mix with the lamb in a bowl, combine well. Cover and marinate for at least two hours.
Heat the oil / ghee in a casserole dish over low heat add the onion and cook for about 10 minutes or until onion is golden brown. Remove onion.
Add the whole spice to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Increase the heat to medium and return the onion and marinated lamb to the pan. Combine well and cook for two minutes. Reduce heat to low and cover the pan and cook for 15 minutes. uncover and cook meat for a further three minutes or until meat is quite dry.
Add 1/2 cup of water for 6 serves
Add 1/4 cup of water for 2 serves.
Cook uncovered until the oil separates from the spice blend and floats to the surface and the water has evaporated.
Add 1 cup of water for 6 serves
Add 1/3 cup of water for 2 serves.
Cover and cook for 40 minutes on a low heat or until the meat is tender. Stir in yoghurt, season with salt if desired. Warm through. Sprinkle with garam masala if desired.
Serve with steamed basmati rice and naan bread.